Saturday, June 19, 2010

Be Bold. Be Confident. Be Free.

June 19, 2010


30 years ago today God’s plan for my life began here on earth. It was His perfect time, I wasn’t too early, I wasn’t too late…time and purpose passed each other in the halls of the spirit and He said it is time. Today I reflect on the things that I remember of the last 30 years of my life and I am TRULY GRATEFUL. I am blessed. I am highly favored. I am alive. It has been an interesting journey up to this point, but I know that God has a plan for it all. I have learned so many things from so many of the people that I have encountered…good, bad, and indifferent…my life has been forever changed.

The last decade of my life has not been the easiest for me. I have had more than enough challenges with my health. I have seen the insides of doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, and testing labs enough to probably have my picture on the wall somewhere. Through it all, I can honestly say that I KNOW that my GOD lives and He is a healer! I don’t know why He chose this path for me, and for a while I was devastated by the things that I have experienced. Don’t get me wrong, I am still human and when things happen to me I am still emotionally affected by them; however I no longer allow things to control my life.

The last week has been one of the most amazing times in my life. I have been amongst what some would call the Kings and Queens of our time. I felt the love of God each time I was embraced by the likes of Idris Elba, Taraji P. Henson, Tichina Arnold, Erica Wright, and Lynne Whitfield who reverberated His voice with the words…”You are so beautiful”. It was an honor to be in their presence, but I was in no way confused that I was really walking out the word of God and His promises to me. The Bible says that your gift will make room for you and bring you before great men.

As I mark this, my thirtieth year of life I am truly humbled and grateful to God for the amazing plan that He is unfolding in me. I am grateful that I have embraced myself and learned how to accept me for who I am. I am grateful that I have found my strength and learned the priceless value of my inner beauty. I am grateful that I have a will to live and to no longer be limited by the fallacies of life. I am grateful that I am a mountain climber, not afraid to pick it up and move it if I need to, and when I can’t I use the dynamite I possess through prayer to simply blow it up. I am grateful that I choose to live and pursue destiny and will not settle for less than what God has said I can have.

I AM JUST GRATEFUL!

This is only the beginning. The birthing process is over. On this day, June 19, 2010 the weightless and immeasurable twins Destiny and Purpose were born, along with them came an unexpected, yet powerful birth of TIME.

Life is calling…it’s my season; it’s my time… to LIVE!



No comments:

Post a Comment