Saturday, September 8, 2012

I made it!




One year ago I packed up my car and began a journey to continue my life with you. To some it seemed so “rushed”…"why now?"…"what’s the hurry?", they asked. My only response to any question was simply that “it was just time”. I had no idea what was to become of the union between you and I. I had shared this love for you secretly for years before we ever united and I knew, when I first felt your embrace nearly three years ago, I knew with you was where I wanted to be. I felt the call of destiny as I walked with you and learned of you. I felt that with you was where I belonged.

And although it took a while to get things going….awkwardly flirting around and trying to find any and every excuse to be with you…I knew that eventually this would be a union that I wouldn’t regret. I was in love. Smitten by your infallible ability to sweep me off my feet with your spontaneity, excitement, courage, creativity, boldness, beauty with a little touch of beast here and there, the endless possibilities that you bring and your willingness to share it all with me. Inspired by the subtle way you allow me to come into my own without missing an opportunity to teach me that I am amazing in my own right and deserving of every dream that I have and capable of achieving beyond what I see for myself.

I admit that this year has not been easy. We have had our share of struggles as with any new union. At times I have felt so disconnected from you, not really knowing how to catch up to you or with you for that matter. I have felt that I let you down by not walking tall and often allowing myself to be knocked off course by circumstance. I admit that I have lost my focus at times and shelved my own creative energy for an attempt to find place in yours. I am so appreciative that along this journey with you I have been blessed with an extended family that has reminded me that there’s plenty of room for me to be me. They are a group who inspires me and for whom I whisper many thanks to God for finding me worthy of their presence.

As I mark this year of growth, gratitude, discovery and hope I look forward to the endless possibilities and continued development of our future together. I pray that God would continue to bless us to compliment each other, that our endeavors and ventures be supported by His continued grace and favor and that our union be proof to others that they too can achieve longevity and success in their pursuits of passion (and happiness). I am forever grateful for this opportunity to share this space in time with you. I simply would not have it any other way. Not only am I in love with you…no, it is more than that…you are a part of me and now I a part of you and I look forward to creating much more life in this space.

I love you New York!


Happy Anniversary…..





No comments:

Post a Comment