Thursday, June 9, 2011

T Minus 10 Days!!!! - Labor Pains

I am finally back from my "Florida Tour". Back in South Florida and ready to get on the grind. I recently made some very good connections and had a ginormous creative streak to come over me (thanks to a simple prayer for motivation and 2 God-sent friends) so I am switching my focus from my recent defunct stupor to my "I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me" "get it done" attitude that I normally have when I take on a huge challenge. AND THIS ONE IS HUGE. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

It's funny how when we are in a place where we feel like we don't have enough, or we aren't educated enough, or we aren't tall enough, aren't pretty enough, aren't talented enough....or whatever measure we feel like we don't have enough of...it is in those times when we can come up with some of the greatest ideas that draw on that very place of LACK. And for those of us who are "believers" we know that it's usually those very areas that GOD will require the most of us. HA! Oh, the irony of life.

In the midst of those times where our focus can become a little jaded by our experience we have to bear down and push towards the goal that we have declared as ours. What I have had to learn about the birthing process is that the first sign that you are ready to deliver the baby that you have carried, nourished, cried for, prayed for, laid out plans - picked the best name - decorated the room – bought cute little clothes for, gained 20 pounds for, ate food that you hate for over the past 40 weeks…is the pain and pressure of contractions. This isn’t the time to hold back or shut down, this is the critical moment…the time to give it all you’ve got, call in your “birthing team” to hold your legs and help you breathe because the moment you have been waiting for IS HERE. To shut down at this point would be dangerous and detrimental to the baby’s life as well as yours.

Your birthing process may be quick and easy or long and rough but one must endure the PROCESS in order to deliver the promise. If we quit pushing, stop breathing, and give up we will never experience the joy of the fruits of our labor. So...take a deep breath...bear down...and PUSH-PUSH-PUSH-PUSH-PUSH-PUSH-PUSH….this one may be the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment